Skip to main content

Backstrokin'

 Hello, hello, hello.

It was a very very very hot day here. There was not one eyelash of wind, and that means there was no breeze at all. 

The last time I wrote you a story I left Kermit singing from a log in the wetlands. If you look closely at the video you can see Skunk Cabbage growing in the ponds near him. That means it was probably springtime, or very early summer. Skunk Cabbage grows here where your Two Tutus live. Ask your Daddy about Skunk Cabbage sometime.

Well, before I get distracted and forget just where I am going with your story, let me say that on that very very very hot day the other day I went swimming. The ocean here is not as warm as the ocean where you and your Mommy and Daddy live, on O'ahu. And, while you were swimming as a very small Little Frog in your Mommy's womb THAT was the best of best warm water.

My swim the other day was so wonderful, even if it was a little chilly. And you know which part of my body loved it the mostest of all? 

My toes loved it mostest of all. What my toes know is they love no shoes. The tiny toes grip the tops of my black slippa. When I slipped into the water on that hot, hot, hot day my slippa went with me. A long time ago my toe baby toe got caught on the leg of a chair. Huki went my toe. Owweee!!  It broke like a stick, and stuck out crooked as the stem on the ipu growing in your garden. Your Daddy might remember sitting with me in the hospital, waiting for the doctor to patch me up. When the doctor came and wrapped my little toe with the other toes with a band-aid your Daddy said, "I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!" Funny how we wait for things that we could do ourselves.

Well, there I go getting distracted. Back to the swim on the hot, hot, hottest day. I went swimming in the cool water with my slippa on my feet and let out a big long, long, long, ahahahahahahhaha. My toes gripped my slippa and stretched out for the sky. On my back I looked up to the sky and the clouds that were chumming together for company. The sky was a sweet blue and the clouds puffy and white. I backstroked lifting my arm out of the water and into a small circle opening my my big chest to breathe the ea ea ea. My toes and my slippa turned into flippers like yours were in your Mommy's ocean. Little frogs have flippers until they have toes. Really! 

Swimming and backstroking are two of my most favorite things, Little Frog. For just a few minutes on that hottest hottest hottest day I looked up at the sky, floated with no 'trying' knowing the ocean was holding me. My toes, even the crooked tiny ones loved the feel of kicking and paddling like a frog. I thought of you and connected just like Kermit said. There is a Rainbow Connection. One more little thing, Little Frog. Tell your Daddy I was swimming and float, backstrokin' and looking up at the sky just across the water from the beach where he was a little boy, and little frog, once upon a time.

 

Lucky us Little Frog. Swimming together with the ocean where we are all connected. 

Your Two Tutus πŸ’“πŸ’“

 

Listen to this 😎😎... 


 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes and noodling

"Hey, look at that belly!" That's what Tutu Pete was saying. Dark spots were covering the brown fur on the bunny's opu. "Wow wee zow wee. Purpza is changing, big time," I said. But then, I kept looking and watched Purpza move from under the table. Ha, ha. The joke was on us. That bunny was not Purpza. "There are lots of bunnies, rabbits and hares (not so many hares) on the campground. Baby bunnies start moving from their safe nests onto the open field once they are ... about as big as Tutu Pete's hand." "Tutu?" The mo'o had a look of concentration. "Yes honey." I said. "Rabbits and bunnies are like the same?" "Yeah, they are. Same same." "And hairs?" "Ah, now that's a good one. Hares are different, kinda like ... hum. You know what Tutu Pete looks like, right. He's tall. Long, and I'm short. I'm rounder. I'm browner. Well, a hare is like a r

The Rainbow Connection

Hello "Little Frog," This story is growing but stopping sometime, because other stories are going on at the same time, and your Tutus forget how to connect one piece of the story with another. While we are remembering how the story wants to be told, I thought, maybe we could just: Stick in a song and video of "The Rainbow Connection" sung by Kermit, The Frog. Then, there's a picture of Tutu Pete and your Daddy the last time your Daddy was visiting us here. When your Daddy visited, we watched kites flying and dancing to the music of Kermit singing "The Rainbow Connection." For because it feels good to connect, I'm putting this here and sending it along to your Mommy and Daddy. Maybe they can play the YouTube for you while you swim comfortable in the Rainbow Connection." πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ§‘ Two Tutus